Resources » Automobiles Review » Bikes Prices, Features, Review
Suzuki M800 the new cruiser bike launched on November 28 at Rs.8.8 lakh.
This article deals with the launch of M800 entry level cruiser super bike by Suzuki. The Suzuki M800 bike is priced Rs.8.8 lakh ex-showroom. M800 cruiser bike from Suzuki comes fitted with an 805 cc, 8-valve V-Twin fuel-injected two cylinder and 4- stroke liquid-cooled engine. Suzuki M800 cruiser super bike has been launched in the Indian market on November 28 in twelve cities of India. The super bike gives a power of 53 BHP @6000 rpm and a torque of 62Nm @ 4000 rpm.
Suzuki M800 is the new bike launched in India at Rs.8.8 lakh (ex-showroom)
• Suzuki already has a super bike named Bandit 1250S in the price of range of Rs.8.8 lakh. But to bring one more choice for the lovers of Suzuki bikes, it has launch its new motor bike M800 on November 28, 2011 at about the same price of Rs.8.8 lakh ex-showroom. The other super bikes from Suzuki are priced quite high at Rs.13 lakh and more. So we can say that Bandit 1250S and now M800 can be described as the starting models of super bikes from Suzuki both priced at Rs.8.8 lakhs. Suzuki Motorcycles India is the Indian branch of the Japanese auto giant Suzuki Motor Corp. The new cruiser bike M800 from the Suzuki was being awaited for quite some time.
• A few of the models of from the American bikes manufacturer Harley Davidson might come as a main competitor to the Suzuki's crusader bikes. Atul Gupta, the vice-President of sales and marketing of Suzuki Motorcycles in India, said, The Intruder M800 is more focussed as an entry level cruiser segment which performs like its bigger brother M1800R giving a chance to the Indian youth to step into the world of performance biking.. However, it is general feeling of the bike fans that the price of the new price should have been kept at little lower level than announced.
• The pricing strategy of Suzuki by keeping the price tag as the same for its Bandit 1250S is not understood. It is opined that either the price of its latest model should have been kept at a little lower level or the prices of the both the models should have been lowered a little to keep in competition with the bikes from Harley Davidson.
Suzuki M800 launched in twelve cities of India
• The M800 entry level cruiser super bike with an 805 cc, 8-valve V-twin fuel-injected liquid-cooled engine has been launched by the Suzuki Motor Cycles in India in 12 Indian cities which includes Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Pune.
• The company has stated that Suzuki wants to showcase its superior technology in India after displaying the same elsewhere in the world.
Other high end cruiser and general models of bikes from Suzuki
• Suzuki has already shown its prowess in having its high end cruiser models namely GSX-R1000 priced around Rs.13.75 lakh, Intruder M1800R priced around Rs.13.25 lakh, Hayabusa 1300R priced around Rs.13 lakh and its entry level cruiser model bandit 1250S priced at Rs.8.8 lakh.
• The low end general motor bikes for the common man from Suzuki include the models GS150R, Slingshot priced at Rs. 48,000 – 49000 (ex-Showroom) and Slingshot Plus comes with self start priced around Rs.48, 0000 – Rs.50,000 and the price of the kick start ranges around Rs.46,000. The only scooter available from Suzuki is Access125 priced around Rs.47,000 (ex-showroom).
General features of the new Suzuki M800
• The engine of the Suzuki M800 entry level cruiser is a 2-cylinder capacity with 805 cc displacement. It has a fuel-injection and liquid cooled.
• The OHC engine is an 8-valve V-twin engine.
• The Suzuki M800 has a wide and comfortable seat and has a loads of chrome.
• The bike is considered to give a good throttle response with the Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) technology.
• The cruiser bike M800 is supposed to give a maximum power of 53 BHP @6000 rpm and a maximum torque of 62Nm @ 4000 rpm.
• The bike has aluminium cast 16 inches front and 15 inches rear wheels.
• The fuel tank capacity of the bike is 15.5 litres.
• The Suzuki M800 cruiser bike comes with an electronic ignition electric starter system.
• The Suzuki M800 boasts of an instrument cluster with a fuel gauge. It also has a clock and 32-bit processor ECM.
• The Suzuki M800 has 41mm inverted front forks which add to its sporty looks and performance.
• The rear tail section of Suzuki M800 is an all LED that gives it a which gives an elegant look when seen from the rear. The rear light is housed a casing gives a beautiful look too.
• Suzuki has made an effort to cut down the emission from the exhaust, by installing a Pulsed AIR (PAIR) injection system in its M800 cruiser bike.
• The Suzuki M800 bike comes in 3 colours, namely Metallic Oort Grey, Pearl Nebular Black and Candy Max Orange.
Specifications of the new Suzuki M800
• Engine Type : 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, Liquid-cooled, OHC, 45°V-twin
• Bore x Stroke : 83.0 mm x 74.4 mm
• Engine Displacement : 805 cc
• Compression Ratio : 9.4 : 1
• Carburetion : Fuel injection
• Oil Capacity : 3.7L
• Ignition : Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
• Starter System : Electric
• Lubrication System : Wet sump
• Transmission : 5 speed constant mesh
• Primary Drive Ratio : 1.690 (71 / 42)
• Final Drive Ratio : 3.503 (17 / 15 x 34 / 11)
• Frame Type : Double cradle (steel)
• Rake / Trail : 33.15' degrees / 141 mm (5.6 in.)
• Suspension : Front Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
• Rear : Link type, coil spring, oil damped
• Wheel Front :16 M/C x MT3.00
• Wheel Rear : 15 M/C x MT4.00
• Brake Front : 2 piston callipers, 300 mm disc
• Brake Rear : Drum brake
• Tyre Front : 130/90-16M/C 67H tubeless
• Tyre Rear : 170/80-15M/C 77H tubeless
• Fuel Tank : 15.5 L (4.1 US gal.)
• Overall Length : 2,395 mm (94.3 in.)
• Overall Width : 890 mm (35.0 in.)
• Overall Height : 1,105 mm (43.5 in.)
• Wheelbase: 1,655 mm (65.2 in.)
• Seat Height : 700 mm (27.6 in.)
• Curb Mass : 269 kg (593 lbs.)
• With the growing demands of cruiser bikes in India especially among the Indian youth, the Suzuki Motorcycles in India is aiming to achieve new height in its sales figures.
• In December 2010, there was a tremendous growth in Suzuki two wheelers reaching the zenith of 78 %.
• Since then till the month of October, the growth rate in Suzuki two wheelers has been consistent ranging between 25 – 40 per cent. This shows the popularity to two wheelers from Suzuki.
Read related articles: Suzuki M800
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!